Pre-draft workouts are fun. They give teams a chance to find some “undiscovered” talent or a few “diamonds in the rough”. While the big names get sent to Chicago for the NBA Draft Combine, their equivalent to the NFL Combine in Indy, often times you can find quality players following the draft. Those players are found in these pre-draft workouts.
Today, the Washington Wizards brought in the following six players to participate in a workout (list from Wizards website).
- Will Clyburn – F – Iowa St. – 6’7″, 210 lbs
- Elijah Johnson – G – Kansas – 6’4″, 195 lbs
- Nick Minnerath – F – Detroit – 6’9″, 215 lbs
- Peyton Siva – G – Louisville – 6’0″, 180 lbs
- Adonis Thomas – F – Memphis – 6’7″, 240 lbs
- Christian Watford – F – Indiana – 6’9″, 232 lbs
As you might’ve seen, Peyton Siva headlines this list of players that the Wizards will be evaluating today. The Wizards were able to get a good look at Will Clyburn, Nick Minnerath, and Elijah Johnson at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament this past April in Portsmouth, Virginia.
One thing I like about this list is that four of the six players being evaluated today are forwards. The Wizards have pretty talent at the guard position with Beal, Wall, and Crawford, but the big man presence needs a little help.
- Wizards June 5 pre-draft workout schedule announced (districtsportspage.com)